Sunday, July 14, 2013

WHAT IS MY MOJO??????????? (motivation)

 It is interesting to me what motivates people to do the things they do, so I ask myself the same question.

My husband asked me the other day to tell him what has possessed me to sign us up for the most grueling endurance test on the planet? He said that at mile 16 of the marathon , I better know why I signed up for this.
Well, .......I have a really long answer  for this.
There are several things that motivate me to reach this GOAL, of Ironman Coeur d 'Alene 2014.
1. I simply want to be an Ironman, and I know, by training for this race , it will require me to be the healthiest I can be physically, and mentally.
2. I want to show my family, my kids , that things that are difficult are attainable.
3. It has always been on my bucket list.
4. Exercise saves me from mental health issues :)
5. I love to swim, I love to ride , and I love the challenge of becoming a better runner.
6. I want to be a better runner.
7. I love the endorphins exercise gives you.
8. I love the excitement of the race, the camaraderie of the entire event of triathlon from the attitude of the fellow racers and volunteers.
9. I like the science behind diet and exercise which is so vital for preparation for endurance events.
10. I want to LIVE my life to its fullest and when I train and race I feel alive.

So yes , Dear husband I have a lot of mojo for committing to this process. I love you , and I am so excited to be in this together.

1 comment:

  1. Flippin Awesome!!!! Keep Rockin It Heather!!!!! MCHS Polo Chicks Rule

    ReplyDelete