Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My husband is my training partner, how awesome is that!!!!!!

My Husbands very first triathlon. I am so lucky that he has chosen to take on the voyage of becoming Ironman with me. It makes the dedication, the training, so much easier having him by my side through it all. We will hopefully complete Ironman CDA June 29 2014 together. It will be a 8 days after our 4th Anniversary. So , I guess it will be our Anniversary trip. We usually go someplace tropical to scuba and beach it , but I think this will be very cool.

With four kids ages 1, 3, 8, 14, it takes a lot of coordinating. We sometimes have to take turns training, or hire a babysitter for long training days. The grandmas are awesome!!! They help a lot and are very supportive.
We get creative with our training and try to include our family. We just hiked 33 miles in the Sawtooth National Wilderness over three days. Definitely cross training. We went with my husbands parents and another couple. Day 3 was 18 miles with a pack. Now if I can get through that then I know I can get through 26 miles with no pack. And our family was with us.

We also do our swimming while the 8 year old does her swim team practice and the 3 year old gets swim lessons. When the 14 year old isn't busy he watches the baby or we just take turns. I get an hour and he gets an hour. It all works.

Some days we sacrifice sleep, and other times one of us sacrifices dinner.
WE just commit to get our workouts in for the week and help each other with coordinating that.

I know however, that having my husband as a training partner is probably one of the greatest things I could ever wish for. I think it would be a huge and sometimes wearing sacrifice for the spouse of an ironman in training. So god bless the spouses that are just there being supportive, that is awesome too.
I love you Ben!!!!!!!!


1 comment: