Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wake up and enjoy your coffee !!!

I have struggled for the last year, as I have been building my base training , in trying to wake myself up for early morning workouts. IN my defense , it is hard when you have infant children to get a good nights sleep but any excuse I could think of kept me in bed. I tried moving my alarm clock across the room. Setting a couple alarms, but alas I got really good at hitting snooze and falling back asleep, telling myself I will just get it all done that afternoon. SOOOO, as I was resting last week, I decided I would try and get used to awakening and starting my day at 5am, and I figured out My MOJO!!! Coffee. But , not just that I like coffee, but that I get to enjoy my coffee after my workout with NOBODY bugging me. I have successfully awoken every day this week, either ran my 5 miles or biked my hour , knowing that when I am done, I am rewarded with a peaceful cup of coffee, before the rest of my crazy family awakens. It is funny I have been falling asleep anticipating the early morning reprieve from my children. Hopefully I can keep this up.

1 comment: