Sunday, February 9, 2014

6 months until my first Ironman. Today was 8 mile running chi..

So, here we go, honey..... My hot husband that is .... 6 months till the big race. Today I started my 20 week build, peak, then taper, officially, that is . I feel Ike my base is pretty good, so I am pushing myself to do the advanced ironman training program , modified just a bi to accommodate a marathon in April, and a 70.3 IM St. George in May. When I first started my journey over a year ago, I can remember two miles was hard to run, and now it's the warmup for my 8 mile run. I have to say that chi running has helped a lot. I had a private lesson with a chi instructor in Meridian , Idaho . You can find Rossanne Gibson at : ezidahorunning.com Chi running makes complete sense, just like the teachings for total immersion swimming. chi running is the physics that call for easy long movement. For me posture, proper foot pressure, arm pendulum instead of reach, and cadence seem to pull it all together. when I can really focus and relax ,I can take my training pace down close to what Was my race pace. My race pace is about 8:15 sand now I find myself easily training at 8:45 pace . I used to train consistently at about 9:15. so her we go , the journey begins. My Dad taught me that life is all about journey

No comments:

Post a Comment