Friday, February 14, 2014

Sick and tired, but not sick enough. Should you work out sick.

Sore throat, mild cough, now for 24 hours. Dangit , with 4 kids , 2 in daycare and 2 in school, plus working in medicine, the germs abound!!! So do you rest , or not!!! Ok, the rule is , above the neck symptoms, such as eyes, ears, nose , throat, with no fever then its ok keep exercising, at a lower intensity. Symtoms below the neck, deep productive cough, chest congestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea , rest, and resume a couple days after symptoms dissipate. Its bound to happen, the common cold. Most of us get on average three a year. But when you are focused on training , it sucks. I had to cut my workout this morning from an hour bike to 1/2 hour because I just wasnt feeling it. Luckily my runs are done until Sunday and the rest of the day I can rest and push fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment