Sunday, September 22, 2013

Triathlon is changing my perspective of FAT!

When I began my journey for the second time in my life into triathlon, I had just delivered my fourth baby . I was 4 weeks post pardum and decided I would walk a 1/2 marathon to jump start myself into weight loss . I was wearing size 12 clothes and feeling very ,mushy! My youngest is now 17 months old and I'm wearing size 4 to 6 and I still FEEL FAT!!!! My reasoning may be crazy but there are still parts on my body that have mush! Mush does not help us to move fast and efficiently. Maybe it is obsessive, really I think it is just a change in perspective. If it's not muscle then it's not helping me to keep moving forward fast. I can't say I'm really dieting , however I think you naturally make better choices when you're training hard. I drink more water and less wine and soda. I have to avoid a lot of fat and sugar because it just screws up my bowels . I avoid eating a heavy lunch if I have to run before dinner, and so on. I would recommend the sport of triathlon for weight loss, when you train the weight just naturally comes off. I suppose naturally is a matter of perspective as well, it isn't exactly natural to train your body to do 70.3 or 140.6 miles in one day . anyway , I still feel Fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment